Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I'm grateful.

For a heavenly Father who created me in His image and showers me with new mercies every morning.  For his faithfulness that reaches to the heavens, grace that abounds despite our weaknesses, and a powerful love that never lets go.  For the hope we share with all the saints that the ultimate victory is His, that His kingdom reigns even now, and that we have the privilege of participating in His incredible story of redemption.

For a husband who loves me for who I am, not because of what I do, or what I say, or how I look, or what I make for dinner.  For his devotion to the Lord, to his family, and to his work.  For his endless encouragement and support for me, for our children, and for everyone he meets.  For his remarkable gifts that so perfectly complement mine. 

For the blessings of four beautiful children and the countless lessons I learn from each of them each day.  For the pleasure of watching them grow and learn and the honor of being an intimate part of their lives.  For their unique personalities and special gifts that make our family what it is.  For their unconditional love for their fallen parents and knowing when a hug or an “I love you Mom” note will make my world seem right again.

For our families and their generosity, for always being there, for making sure our kids know they’re loved.  For our church family, for being part of a community where we can be vulnerable and receive healing.  For our friends, old and new, near and far.   

For physical well-being, a warm home in a neighborhood we love, and the resources to keep our family fed and clothed.  For my job that has provided me with unbelievable flexibility, an amazing team of colleagues, and daily opportunities to love others.  For the guiding hand of our Father, His provision of the perfect job for Luke, and plans we cannot yet see but will continue to trust.

For beauty, creativity, laughter, peace, wisdom, forgiveness, and seasons of change.  For feeding my soul with the grace-filled rhythms of daily life and rest.

I’m grateful.





No comments: